— Bryan Flannery, MS in Sport Management (’20) and public relations coordinator for the New York Liberty
Developed by established faculty with global experience in athletics, the online Master of Science in Sport Management degree program invites students to benefit from Adelphi University’s accessible industry connections, strong alumni network and national reputation for excellence.
Our program empowers students to pursue their unique passions in sport management. With two optional specialization to choose from, you can develop skills for managing impactful advertising and public relations campaigns that get fans excited about your organization or your team with a specialization in sport marketing or hone in on what it means to manage and supervise intercollegiate and interscholastic athletics with a specialization in collegiate athletic administration.
Adelphi’s MS in Sport Management is offered online and on campus, and its flexible curriculum allows you to pursue a specialization or choose a general track. This program is designed to provide students with hands-on learning experiences, ensuring they can apply what they learn directly to their current and future athletic roles. Develop leadership skills and learn to conduct the marketing and administrative tasks of sport organizations and business operations.
The MS in Sport Management program will help prepare you to excel in the industry, no matter where you are in the world. Our convenient online format allows working professionals to try their hand at designing facilities, planning for international tournaments and exploring sponsorship and promotional guidelines.
Our diverse faculty have professional experience in scouting, coaching, facility design, application development, sport marketing and more. Paired with our alumni who hold positions in nearly every professional organization in the tri-state area, we are ready to set our students up for long-term success.
Our sport management students graduate ready to fulfill roles such as:
- Athlete Representation/Agent
- Athletic Administrator
- Digital Media Managers
- Director of Community Relations
- Director of Media Relations
- Events/Venue Manager
- Global Partnership Sales Associate
- Marketing & Engagement Manager
- Play-by-play Announcer
- Public Relations Manager
- Scouting Official
- Sport Marketing Director
- Sports Broadcaster
- Strategic Partnerships Manager
- Ticket Sales Manager
Request Brochure — Start Here
To learn more about Adelphi University’s online MS in Sport Management and download a brochure, fill out the fields below or call us at 888.252.4110 to talk with one of our enrollment counselors.
Who Can Benefit
The online MS in Sport Management program is geared to individuals with busy professional and personal lives who want to expand their knowledge, hone their skills and begin, advance or change careers in the field. Our students have varying educational and professional backgrounds. They include but are not limited to:
- Current and former coaches and athletes
- Marketing and communication professionals
- Recent college graduates
- Career changers
Learn more about the on-campus MS in Sport Management here.
Students in the online MS in Sport Management program may complete a general track or choose from two specializations. Each specialization area consists of five classes (15 credit hours) that delve into new and creative aspects in Sport Marketing and Athletic Administration.
Gain a well-rounded background in vital skills for leadership in sport organizations. In the general track you can:
- Customize your curriculum to fit your interests and career goals
- Explore cutting-edge strategies in sport marketing and athletic administration
- Build a holistic understanding of sport management challenges and opportunities
Visit the curriculum page to view the course list and descriptions.
Sport Marketing Specialization
Develop the skills to promote brands in today’s complex, fast-paced marketing landscape. The sport marketing specialization explores:
- Promotion, advertising and sales management strategies
- Evaluation tools to measure campaign effectiveness
- Brand equity analysis and long-term development
- Communication techniques for public relations
- Licensing and merchandising
Visit the curriculum page to view the sport marketing specialization course list and descriptions.
Collegiate Athletic Administration
Athletic administrators and directors supervise every aspect of a university or college program, including coaches, operations, staff and budget. In the collegiate athletic administration specialization, students prepare for these responsibilities by learning to:
- Apply administrative theory to issues in intercollegiate and interscholastic athletics
- Organize intramural and recreational sports programs
- Maintain compliance with state and federal laws
- Communicate strategic messages
- Plan and fund sports events
- Manage sports facilities
Visit the curriculum page to view the collegiate athletic administration specialization course list and descriptions.
—Plunkett Research, 2017
As an MS in Sport Management student, you’ll have the option to earn up to six credits toward your degree by completing an internship at a sport organization. These exciting internships give you the opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in your classes to help solve real-world business problems, develop hands-on skills and discover what it’s like to work behind the scenes for a professional franchise, collegiate athletic program or nonprofit.
A dedicated advisor will help you find the right fit by taking advantage of Adelphi’s relationships with sport organizations throughout the New York tri-state area and across the nation. You’ll expand your own professional network as you make connections that can shape the next stage of your career.
- Become familiar with sport marketing, public relations, mass media and technology while gaining proficiency in market analysis, budget preparation and business management.
- Well-connected and distinguished faculty members with diverse professional backgrounds provide you with a personalized and supportive learning experience.
- Receive expert assistance from dedicated Adelphi faculty and staff when planning for a sport management career.
- Gain an advantage in the field by graduating from a high-ranked school with a strong alumni network and national reputation for excellence.
- Flexible entrance requirements no matter your experience or background — no GRE required.
- Become a WorkInSports.com member for a reduced rate and gain access to actionable career advice and tips, exclusive videos, interviews with sports industry experts and more.
- Leverage Adelphi’s nationwide connections to participate in an optional internship and gain real-world experience in working at a sport organization.