All Adelphi courses—online, blended, traditional and on-campus—are developed, designed and taught by credentialed, experienced and skilled faculty, and must meet the university’s rigorous quality standards. Our online courses provide you not only with engaging, interactive and media-rich learning experiences, but also with information literacy and technological skills that help you excel in today’s technology-driven workplaces.
As part of our commitment to delivering excellent online education, Adelphi also:
- Maintains small class sizes—no more than 25 students—to foster personalized and supportive instruction
- Employs state-of-the-art learning technology including the Moodle learning management system
- Provides faculty with a vast array of resources for gaining knowledge in online teaching strategies, best practices and the use of emerging technologies—through its Faculty Center for Professional Excellence
- Adheres to the standards outlined in the Quality Matters Rubric, developed by Quality Matters, a national organization dedicated to guaranteeing excellence in online learning
Adelphi offers several course formats:
100% Online: The course is delivered completely online. There are no on-campus requirements.
80%–99% Online: The course is delivered mostly online. Depending on the requirements of a particular course, a maximum of 19% of the course can require on-campus meetings. This on-campus presence is generally used for orientations, exams or final presentations.
Blended: The course is delivered both on-campus and online. In a blended course, 30%–79% of the course can be delivered online with the remaining on-campus. The blended format is designed for students who prefer a greater amount of face-to-face interaction with the professor and other class members than is found in an online course.
Traditional: Course content is delivered primarily on-campus. Up to 29% of the course may be delivered online.
Engaging, Collaborative, Media-Rich Courses
Adelphi’s online and blended courses are carefully designed and taught by highly credentialed, experienced and skilled faculty. Each professor strives to design and develop courses that are engaging, personal, collaborative and media rich.
Adelphi’s Faculty Center for Professional Excellence provides faculty with tremendous resources for gaining knowledge in online teaching strategies, best practices and the use of emerging technologies.
Quality Standards Promote Student Success
Our online and blended courses are evaluated and approved in the same manner as traditional courses, ensuring that each course meets Adelphi’s rigorous standards of quality.
Highly Recognized and Top Ranked
To personalize education in a way that empowers our students long after graduation is no easy feat. We are recognized for our ability to help acclimate students to the collegiate learning environment, to aid them in rising above their current circumstances and to provide a valuable education for Veterans and civilians alike. We are proud to be ranked by U.S. News & World Report in the following categories:
- Best College Nationwide (U.S. News & World Report)
- Best College for First-Year Experiences (U.S. News & World Report)
- Best Performer for Social Mobility (U.S. News & World Report)
- Best Value School (U.S. News & World Report)
- Best Regional Colleges (Princeton Review)
Request Information — Start Here
To learn more about Adelphi University’s online programs and request information, fill out the fields below or call us at 888.252.4110 to talk with one of our enrollment counselors.