The Adelphi University online Associate of Science in Emergency Services Administration (AS in ESA) quickly provides you with the building blocks to enter or advance in this dynamic, challenging and rewarding field. You not only acquire practical knowledge and skills that you can immediately apply to your occupation, community and life, but also a career-boosting credential.
Our cutting-edge curriculum in all-hazards planning applies across disciplines, organizations, industries and sectors, opening doors to diverse employment opportunities in the emergency services field. It was developed and is taught by leading educators, researchers and practitioners, many with front-line experience managing major planned and unplanned events, including presidential visits, global meetings, terrorist attacks, health epidemics, transportation emergencies and natural disasters.
As incidents ranging from hurricanes and wildfires to cybersecurity breaches and mass shootings demonstrate, emergency preparedness is crucial in our homes, businesses, communities and government. By earning your associate in emergency services administration online from Adelphi, you can help meet a critical societal need for individuals who are prepared to plan for and respond to emergencies—and stand out as a leader in any occupation.
Students who have received certain public safety training may qualify to receive Life Experience Credits and save money on their degree. Training includes:
- Police academy course work
- EMT or paramedic certification
- Regional or county fire academy training
- Military training
- Federal DHS courses
Military personnel can also apply G.I. Bill benefits and take advantage of the Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP), which allows soon-to-enlist or currently enlisted military personnel to enroll in and complete college courses while they continue their service commitments. An Enrollment Counselor can help you navigate your options.
—The Economist, August 29, 2017
Request Brochure — Start Here
To learn more about Adelphi University’s online AS in Emergency Services Administration and download a brochure, fill out the fields below or call us at 888.252.4110 to talk with one of our enrollment counselors.
Who Can Benefit
Adelphi’s online AS in Emergency Services Administration caters to individuals including:
- Public safety professionals, e.g., police officers, EMTs and active and veteran military members, who seek education to expand or hone their knowledge and skills and position themselves for career advancement
- Professionals in fields related to public safety, including public health, nursing and environmental sciences, who want to help their organization with emergency preparedness or make a career change
- Students who aspire to earn a bachelor’s degree and are considering majoring in or planning to major in emergency services
—Jim McKay, Editor, Emergency Management
- 100 percent online, instructor-led format provides you with both flexibility and personalized learning.
- You gain fundamental emergency services administration competencies.
- Faculty members are active practitioners, providing you not only with academic training, but also the latest field know-how and insights.
- You may qualify for up to 30 credits for life experience (including academy training), enabling you to save money and complete your degree in as few as two semesters.