Students have three opportunities to begin the online MA in Art Education each year.
The next start date is Summer 2023.
We offer rolling admissions, so there is no deadline to apply. However, we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible, as the application review process will end two weeks prior to the start of each semester.
Students must meet the following requirements for admission to the program:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university including 30 credit hours in art.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA on a four-point scale.
- No GRE or MAT required
Note: New York State requires applicants who are seeking teacher certification to meet certain general education requirements. Applicants who do not meet these requirements will still be considered for admission to the MA in Art Ed and may complete these courses in conjunction with the master’s degree. An academic advisor will work with you to determine if additional coursework is required.
In order to complete the application, all candidates must submit the following:
- Completed application
- Official transcripts for all schools attended. See below for more information.
- Personal statement/essay addressing why you wish to pursue graduate study in art education at this time.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional or academic references. Please note that letters from friends and family will not be accepted.
- Artistic portfolio of 15-20 images demonstrating competence in one area of specialization, as well as breadth of studio experience in other media. The portfolio may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted on a CD/USB drive (not required for Adelphi art alumni). If emailing, PDF or JPG files are preferred.
- A personal interview via phone/video or on campus is recommended to familiarize applicants with program requirements, and to gauge applicants’ aptitude for online study in art education.
- $60 application fee
*The GRE or MAT is not required.
Transcript Submission Details
All candidates must submit official undergraduate transcripts for all schools where credits were earned toward the conferred degree.
Official eScripts can be sent to our office electronically (directly from the institution) to email@example.com, or via mail (in sealed envelopes) to:
Office of University Admissions
Levermore Hall, Room 114
1 South Avenue
P.O. Box 701
Garden City, New York 11530-0701
Below is a breakdown of the tuition for the online MA in Art Education program. Visit the Tuition & Financial Aid page for additional information on tuition, fees and deposits.
|Master of Arts in Art Education||34–37||$785||$29,045||$200|
*Tuition and fees based on 2021-2022 rates. Tuition and fees subject to change. Total tuition may vary based on credits taken.
Request Brochure — Start Here
To learn more about Adelphi University’s online Master of Arts in Art Education, fill out the fields to download a brochure or call us at 888.252.4110 to talk with one of our enrollment counselors.