— U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Adelphi University has built a high-quality, academically rigorous online English to Spanish Translation Studies Certificate program to provide bilingual individuals with an opportunity to quickly and conveniently develop skills that are in high demand.
Our instructors are recognized practitioners and experts in translation studies and passionate educators who are committed to student success. They carefully crafted the online Translation Certificate to prepare students not only for immediate employment, but also for long-term career satisfaction.
The program is structured to provide students with broad-based industry knowledge. You learn every facet of the translation process and gain experience working with a full range of texts from legal documents, business reports and medical records to literary works, academic research and marketing collateral. This broad exposure to the discipline prepares you for a range of opportunities upon graduation and also helps you determine which of the many career paths available to translation professionals is the best fit for you.
Additionally, the curriculum is frequently updated to reflect the latest market trends including the use of computer-assisted translation tools. Students in Adelphi’s English/Spanish Translation Certificate program online not only benefit from cutting-edge knowledge, but also personalized instruction and an engaging online learning environment. Though all courses are 100 percent online, the program’s structure and learning platform offer students rich opportunities to learn from and interact with faculty and each other.
Request Brochure — Start Here
To learn more about Adelphi University’s online English to Spanish Translation Certificate and download a brochure, fill out the fields below or call us at 888.252.4110 to talk with one of our enrollment counselors.
Who Can Benefit
The online English to Spanish Translation Studies Certificate attracts individuals who are proficient in both English and Spanish from a broad range of educational and professional backgrounds. Prospective students include:
- Career changers
- Recent high school and college graduates
- Retired teachers and other professionals seeking a second career
- Doctors and lawyers who need to communicate more effectively with patients and clients
- Business professionals who need to translate material for customers, employees or others
- Individuals seeking to supplement their income
- Individuals seeking remote work opportunities
- Individuals who want to serve their community
The program is open to the public. You do not have to be an Adelphi student to enroll in courses and can reside anywhere in the world.
Career and Education Landscape
Among factors driving the growing demand for translation services are increasing globalization and immigration, as well as federal laws governing the provision of services to all people regardless of race, color or national origin.
In the United States, persons with limited English proficiency are entitled to language assistance in a variety of circumstances and settings. Hospitals and court systems, for instance, must provide limited English proficiency individuals with written and other communication in their language.
Though businesses may not be required to translate written material, effective communication with employees, vendors, customers and others is necessary for operating in the global marketplace as well as in many local and national markets, and can have an enormous impact on profitability.
The federal government does not require translators to be certified or licensed, even though it does require many documents, including marriage certificates, voter registration forms, private contracts and academic records, to be translated. Employers in both the public and private sectors establish their own requirements for hiring qualified translators. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports, “Job prospects [for translators and interpreters] should be best for those who have professional certification.”
—Common Sense Advisory, Can’t Read, Won’t Buy: Why Language Matters on Global Websites
The market demand for English to Spanish translation is increasing and is at times greater than the demand for Spanish to English translation, and Adelphi’s online Translation Studies Certificate is one of just a few certificate programs that addresses this need.
Our graduates find opportunities in areas including:
- Hospitals, clinics and other health care settings
- Courts and other legal settings
- Federal, state and local government agencies
- Private industries including information technology, manufacturing and marketing
- Educational settings
- Translation services agencies
- Freelance translation
- Career-focused curriculum equips you with high-demand competencies in a growing field.
- You graduate prepared to take the American Translators Association (ATA) certification exam (view eligibility requirements on the ATA website).
- 100 percent online, instructor-led courses provide you not only with convenience, but also an engaging, personalized and academically rigorous educational experience.
- You can complete the program in six to eight months.
- You study with accomplished, connected and supportive translation experts.