In light of the current public health crisis and the need to minimize interpersonal contact, Adelphi University has moved all instruction to a remote format through Fall 2020.
The OMSW August 2020 Residency will be virtual. Students are required to be available between August 27-30th, 2020, from 9 AM and 5 PM. Students will receive the residency schedules sometime in July.
Advanced Standing Online MSW students all start in the Summer semester.
Upcoming Start Dates:
May 26, 2020
Requirements for admission into the Advanced Standing option for the Online Master’s of Social Work (MSW) program are as follows:
- An undergraduate degree within the past five years from a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- GPA of 3.0 or better on a four-point scale in all social work courses
- Two professional letters of recommendation. One letter must be from your field liaison/field instructor from your senior or junior year, however there is a preference for senior year instructor recommendations. A faculty member recommendation is preferred for the second letter
- Personal characteristics and qualifications related to successful professional performance consistent with the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics
- Paid or volunteer experience in human services preferred
- Participation in an interview via Google Hangout may be required (case-by-case basis)
Note: Students are not required to take the GRE for admission to the program.
The Advanced Standing option for the Online Master’s of Social Work (MSW) candidates must submit the following:
- Completed application
- Official Transcripts for for all schools attended
- Personal statement/essay describing how your interest in social work developed, including life experiences that influenced this choice.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter of recommendation must be from your faculty field liaison or field instructor, and the second preferably from a faculty member.
- $50 application fee
- Professional resume – preferred, but not required.
For applicants holding an Adelphi University BSW undergraduate degree: please note that the application fee will be waived, and you don’t need to request Adelphi transcripts.
For additional details regarding application requirements, please visit online.adelphi.edu.
Transcript Submission Detail
All candidates must submit official undergraduate transcripts for all schools where credits were earned toward the conferred degree.
Official eScripts can be sent to our office electronically (directly from the institution) to email@example.com, or via mail (in sealed envelopes) to:
Adelphi Admissions: Adelphi University
Office of University Admissions
Levermore Hall, Room 114
1 South Avenue
P.O. Box 701
Garden City, New York 11530-0701
Back to top