Course Technology at Adelphi
Enhancing your student experience with the latest technology.
Adelphi uses state of the art technologies for our online and blended courses in order to enhance the student experience as well as provide students with the opportunity to gain the technology and literacy skills needed for today’s job market. These technologies expand learning opportunities, aid in the creation of a classroom community, aid in communication with the professor and other students in the class, and provide means for professors to develop robust and engaging learning materials.
- Moodle: Adelphi’s online course management system, providing 24/7 access to all course materials.
- VoiceThread: an interactive audio and video discussion forum application integrated into Moodle.
- Panopto: a video platform for recording professors’ lectures and tutorials.
- iTunes University: an online catalog of educational content from leading institutions.
- Adobe Connect: Web-conferencing platform allows for web meetings, eLearning and webinars.
- Google Apps: integrated cloud system consisting of email, web conferencing, document and spreadsheet creation, professor recorded YouTube videos, etc.
- Skype: web conferencing application used as an alternate to Google for professor-student conferences.
- Adobe Connect: web conferencing “classroom” used for classes offered in an online, synchronous format.
- Podcasting capabilities for distribution of audio and video
- Online assessment tools, such as Respondus
Some disciplines use content specific technologies, such as simulations. The technologies used in a particular course are dependent on how your professor designs the course.
» Learn about accessing Adelphi’s Technology Resources
Click “Playlist” in the top left of the video to see various AU technology topics.